State Reps. John Rogers (D- Mentor-on-the-Lake) and Wes Retherford (R-Hamilton) on Tuesday (Feb 3, 2015) introduced House Bill 33, legislation to legalize medical cannabis oil to treat patients with severe forms of epilepsy.Read more
In Columbus, John fought against cuts to our schools and local communities. John sees our children's future as a vital investment in our state's economy. We owe it to our students to make sure our schools are properly funded.
State Representative John Rogers is committed to strengthening our small businesses. As a former successful small business owner, John is bringing common sense solutions to Columbus so we can strengthen our economy and create good-paying jobs.
I had the distinct privilege of attending the Wickliffe community Hall of Fame 2014 Induction Ceremony on 9/7/14 at the Normandy Party Center in Wickliffe, joining with others in recognizing the following individuals in the categories following their names:
- Keith R. Bennett (Government)
- K. Michael Benz (The Arts)
- Robert Calic (Sports)
- Leslie Ciancibello (Civic)
- Richard D. DiCicco, Sr. (Heritage)
- John D. Geither (Military)
- Grace Marie McCullough (Religion)
- Herman Rueger (Education)
- Maurice Savitt (Business)
- Helen (Minado) Vespe ( Military)
- American Legion Brewer-Tarasco Post #7 (Organization)
- and my mother, Michele M. Rogers, RN (Medical/Health).
I received the medal awarded to my mother posthumously and made the following remarks:Read more
Lake County Bar Association Newsletters
Lake County Land Bank Newsletters
In his first term in office, John has fought partisan attacks on Ohio's middle class families and our local communities. Sponsoring and co-sponsoring bills that promote job growth and safety for the people of Lake County.
- Promoting Job Growth Through Ohio's Small Businesses
- Promoting Fairer Tax Policies
- Increasing Safety Standards in Schools
- Increasing Funding for the Straight A Program
- Increasing Protection for Families of Firefights and Police Officers
- Fighting Against Repeated Cuts To Our Public Schools
- Fighting Against Repeated Cuts To Our Local Communities
- Proposed October 16th as "Dravet Syndrome Awareness Day"
State Representative John Rogers is working hard to find common sense solutions to better our communities. John knows in order to bring jobs to Lake County we need strong neighborhoods and local communities. That is why John wants to restore the nearly $50 Million that has been cut from Lake County over the last 4 years. These tax payers' dollars are vital not only to the hard working men and women of our community but to the safety and security of its residents.